Pages

Sunday 28 December 2014

Lister's gonna to list

Before we go into the all of the New Year stuff,

Merry Christmas!!

Thinking about new year coming up makes me think of all of the things I have done in the last year and then usually when I get bored, I make lists because list are fun (I'll just stick to three items to make this list short). Like this for example-

Books I have read and loved in 2014

1. Bleak House by Charles Dickens- mostly because I thought it wasn't going to beat Little Dorrit by a landslide but then I was so surprised by the story and the characters that I think I may like it more than Little Dorrit. I don't know, it's a close call

2. Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier- I read it at my lovely friend Jess's house and I ignored her for about a day and a half just to finish this book. I felt sick to my stomach and had a huge book hangover and once I finished the book all I could do was lie in the chair, said things that started with " I can't believe that it blah blah blah blah blah".

3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak- a beautifully written book, it was sad, quirky, and beautiful. I can't think of anything else to describe it.

There's an example, three top new books I read this year and loved.

Best movies I watched in 2014?

1. The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies- guys not to give any spoilers but I have seen twice in the cinema already, the first time I cried, the second time it was worse- I sobbed like a baby and my older brother Garrett laughed at me the entire time. Still I loved it and I can't wait for it for come out on DVD and in Extended Edition!

2. Mockingjay: Part 1- okay guys now this is really hard movie to watch because of these strange things we call feelings but this was really good as well. Also I waited a long time to actually see the movie and it was worth it at the end.

3. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty- just to show you guys I just don't watch sad movies but seriously this was good. It was funny, it was cute, it had Iceland in it and some of the Icelandic music in it, you should just watch it because of Iceland, but even if you don't watch it for the sake of Iceland, it was still a really good movie.

You bored yet? You know what they say; Lister's gonna to List (not sure if Lister is a word but lets go with it)

So that's it for now, but look out for New Years, there is another list coming up, but a less shallow and silly one.

Hey, Lister's gonna to list.

P.S. what were your three top movies and books that you have enjoyed this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment