Pages

Sunday 21 December 2014

Goodbye Teens

This Friday was my birthday.

My 20th birthday, which means I am no longer a teenager.

I know weird right? Right now I am not sure to be excited that those fairly terrible teen years are behind me ( that period of being 12 to 15 years old, NOW that was terrible) or sad that they are finally gone and does this mean that I have to be mature now? Everyone keeps on asking me if I feel any different and the thing is that I don't really feel any different. I feel pretty much the same, I found other things, besides the fact that I am 20, stranger. Like for example my good friend Holly who came down for the weekend for my birthday ( we'll save that for another post) the fact that I have now known her for a whole decade (What? how did that happen?). The fact that 15 years ago I thought that I would live in California forever and that 15 years later I would be all the way in England. The fact that when I was little, I thought being 20 was the epitome of maturity and by the age of 20 I would have moved out, had a fabulous job, making lots of money and to my 6-year-old mind 20 was the perfect age to get married ( HA! I was so stupid). Life is strange, weird, wonderful, and it goes by so quick.

It was a quiet birthday, small but I got spoiled, friends bought me flowers (guys I love flowers), bought me mini chest of drawers with a little notepads and pens in. Mom made me Mexican food with real corn tortillas and they got me so many presents, including two good movies: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty and the Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug Extended Edition! I was surrounded by friends and good food all weekend and today we had our Christmas service and 3 people got saved there. Guys I can't ask for a better birthday gift.

And to end this first day of winter, there a beautiful sunset outside and the whole sky has been transformed into hues of pinks and oranges. So goodbye teens, it's been fun and awkward and I'm kinda of glad/sad to say goodbye to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment